What is Keto Diet

what is keto diet

What is Keto Diet

The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, sufficient protein, low-starch diet that in medication is utilized principally to get hard control epilepsy in kids. The eating regimen powers the body to consume fats as opposed to starches. Also, there are some advantages and disadvantages of the Keto diet which are listed as below

Advatages Of Keto Diet

  • Weight reduction is a major advantage of helping you to reduce weight and stay fit.
  • It Might Be Helpful For The Days Spent At Your Desk Job.
  • It May Help Prevent Cancer as some studies shows that Keto helps in preventing you from Cancer.
  • Keto also act as a medicine for high cholesterol and high blood sugar patient by lowering down the level.

Disadvantages Of Keto Diet

  • It Could Have A Negative Impact On Heart Health.
  • You May Not Be Getting Enough Sugar.
  • Less Carbs Isn’t Necessarily A Good Thing

Keto Protiens

Proteins should come from fatty sources, for most of the time (80%), such as eggs, bacon, pork, steak, ground beef and lamb. The remaining 20% should be coming from cheese, chicken, nuts and fish.

Keto Fats

80% of the time, fats should come from healthy fat sources like avocado, MCT oil, butter, eggs, fatty meats, macadamia oil. While the remaining 20%, it should come from other fat sources like chia seeds, milk, flax seeds, nut butters, nuts, etc. But remember, these options from the 20% must be consumed in moderation as the carbs can add up easily.

Keto Carbs

There is what we call the 80/20 rule when it comes to choosing your carbs for your meals. For the 80% you should select the leafy greens such as kale, asparagus, lettuce, spinach, chard, etc., and those veggies that have the lowest carb sources, while the remaining 20%, must be from other moderate carb vegetables such as, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, yellow onions, etc.

So here is a short brief on the Keto diet. I have listed a lot of Keto recipes that you can go and read at my blog so here are a few.

Also, read Keto Chocolate Chips cookieKeto Broccoli, And Cheddar CheeseKeto Pumpkin Soup and Chicken Soup

For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here

Related posts

Leave a Comment