Tawa Chicken is a chicken dish prepared on Tawa covered with a metallic bowl and with aromatic and flavourful punjabi spices making it lip-smacking dish. So lets see how its made.
Chicken 500 gms boneless
Tomato 3 mediium size Chopped
Onion 3 medium size Chopped
Garlic 5 cloves chopped
Ginger 1/2 inch
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric 1/2 tbsp
Garam Masala 1/2 tbsp
Coriander Powder 1tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Kassori Methi dried and toasted 1 tbsp
Black pepper corn 4 to 5
Black Cardamom 1
Green Cardamom 2
Red Chilli 2
Cinamom Stick 1/4 inch
Oil (prefer Sarson oil Burnt)
- On a Tawa take some oil if using Sarson oil make sure it’s burnt to avoid the raw taste.
- Now in this oil and Cumin, cinnamon, Black pepper, Black Cardamon, green cardamom, and red chili and roast them
- And add onions in it and fry it until it becomes golden brown.
- Saute the onions for 5 minutes or until they start turning brown.
- Now add chopped ginger and garlic and cook them for 2 minutes or until they get a cooked properly.
- Add tomatoes to this and add spices red chili, turmeric, coriander, cumin, and garam masala.
- Cook the mixture until oil separates from the dish.
- Now add chicken pieces into this and cook it for around 2 minutes
- Then add 1 glass of water and cover it with a metal bowl and cook it for 10 minutes by covering it.
- Now as the gravy starts to becoming add kasoori methi over it.
- At last add some cream and cook it for a while.
Now serve it hot with and Tawa Chicken can be enjoyed with Laacha parantha and any kind of Naan. Also Tawa chicken is a spicy dish so just if you like less spicy dont add dry red chillis.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here