Red Chutney served with South Indian Dishes is a very popular appetizer and almost everyone serves South Indian dishes with this chutney. A lot of places in South India even serve main course dishes and snack with Chutney’s only so let see how Red South Indian Chutney is made.
- Urad Dal 1tbsp
- Chana Dal 1tbsp
- Dried Red chili 3-4 pcs
- Red chili degi Mirch 1/2 tbsp.
- Cloves 3-4 pcs
- Black pepper 3-4 pcs
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Chopped onion 1/4 cup
- Ginger 1/4 inch chopped
- Garlic 8-10 pcs.
- Tamarind pulp 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Oil 2-3 tbsp
- In a preheated pan put oil and roast urad dal and Chana Dal till light brown.
- Now put dried red chili, cloves, black pepper, cloves, turmeric powder and saute for two minutes.
- Now Add the onion in the pan till light brown and add ginger garlic & fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tamarind pulp in the pan and add some water.
- Now allow all mixture at room temperature.
- Now put this mixture in blender by adding water to get a smooth paste.
- At last, add a tadka to chutney by heating oil and adding mustard seeds and red chilli powder.
- Add this tadka to this chutney.
Your Red chutney to serve with dosa, vada, and sambhar. Also, you can enjoy it with Roti, Parantha, and Naan.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here