Patiala Chicken is one of the chicken dishes that are very famous in North India especially in Punjab as it originated in Patiala. So let’s see how to make Patiala Chicken.
Chicken 750 gms
Red chilli 1tbsp
Cumin powder 1tbsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Toasted Kasoori Meethi 1tbsp
Meat masala 2tbsp
Onion cut in Cube 1 piece
Capsicum cut in cubes 1 piece
Kasoori Meethi 1tbsp
Garam masala 1tbsp
Tomato paste 3 tomatoes
Onion paste 3 onions
Ginger garlic paste 4 tbsp
Ginger julienne 1/4 inch
Cream 3 tbsp
Curd 2 Cups
Butter 50 gms
- In a bowl add chicken along with it add curd, salt, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, and Meat masala and keep it for marination for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In another Handi add oil and then add onion gravy and cook it until it starts getting brown.
- As the onion puree gets brown add ginger garlic paste and stir it for 2 minutes or until onions, garlic, and ginger get cooked.
- Add tomato to this mix and salt, red chili powder, amchur powder, coriander powder, meat masala, cumin powder, and garam masala.
- Cook the gravy for a minute and add marinated chicken to this mix and cook it for around 20 minutes.
- Now add Onion pulps and capsicum pulps and cook it for another 2 minutes and give it a stir, post that cooks it cover for 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Now add cream and butter to the cooked chicken and cook it for 2 minutes. Just give it a stir
Your Patiala chicken is ready you can serve it with Naan or Parantha but prefer to serve Tandoori version of it. Also serve green curd mint chutney with onions as side compliments which will enhance the taste and making it a real treat for anyone.