Paneer tikka is marinated cottage cheese coated with masala’s and roasted on Tandoor. Paneer Tikka is very popular in Northern regions of India especially Punjab. Also, as most of the Indian population is Vegetarian in India so it’s their first snack preference. So let’s see how its made.
Green cardamom 3-4 crushed
Cumin powder 1/2 tbsp roasted
Black pepper 3-4 powder
Red chilli powder 1/4tsp
Red chilli Kashmiri powder 1/2 tbsp
Kasuri methi 1 tsp
Garam masala 1tsp
Salt to taste
Amchur powder 1/2 tsp
Paneer 500 GM.
Hung curd 1/2 cup Sliced in cubes
Turmeric powder 1/3 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Bell pepper green, red and yellow Green chilli 2-3
Onion cubed 1cup
Tomato 2-3 cubed (optional)
Ginger garlic mashed 1tbsp
Lemon juice 1/2 tsp
- In a big bowl put hung curd well whisked.
- Now add all the Masala i.e. Crushed cardamom, cumin powder, Black pepper, Red Chilli powder, Karuri Methi, Garam Masala, salt and Amchur.
- Now further besan, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and whisk the mix to make a smooth paste.
- Now marinate paneer, onion, Bell pepper and tomato well with the paste
- Keep the bowl in the refrigerator to rest for 30 minutes so that masala set on it.
- Now put marinated paneer, onion, capsicum and Tomatoes one by one on skewers.
- You can now roast this tikka and keep on applying oil to avoid dryness and cook well on the barbecue or in the oven or on non-stick Tawa.
- Make sure to cook this evenly and masalas are not raw.
Serve hot by a sprinkle of chat masala and lemon juice with green mint chutney. Paneer tikka is loved by mostly every vegetarian and can be enjoyed with Rumali Roti.