Malai Kofta is one of the delicacies that were famous from the older times and is served in Royal families of old times. This is a super-rich and thick gravy and kofta are made of paneer. And today we are making Malai Kofta in red gravy so let’s see how its made.
Paneer mashed/grated 250gm.
Potato mashed 150gm
Corn flour 50gm.
Coriander leave chopped 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
Ginger sliced thinly
Onion 2 Chopped
Cashew nuts 8
Green chili 2 sliced
Cinamon one stick
Green cardamom 3
Black cardamom 1
Red chili powder 1 tbsp
Garam masala 1 tbsp
Corriander powder 1/2 tbsp
Methi Dana 1/2tbsp
Kasuri methi 1/2tbsp
Cream 2-3 tbsp
Tomatoes 3 Roughly chopped
- In a big bowl put grated paneer and boiled grated potatoes and mix with cornflour
- Add salt, coriander leaves chopped, and mix all to a smooth dough.
- Make small balls or cylindrical shape of this dough.
- In a pan fry these balls to a golden brown. Now your kofta’s is ready.
- In a pan add oil and Cinnamon, green and black cardamom Corrinder powder, methi Dana, and cashews light fry.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry until raw smell goes.
- Now add onion to fry golden brown as onion started getting brown mix some tomatoes as well
- Cool it and after that make a puree of this mixture.
- Again in the same pan put some oil and red chili powder and add the puree to it.
- Add dried Kasuri methi on and garam masala.
- Now Add Kofta and add cream to gravy.
You can enjoy Kofta with Naan and Paranthas as it is a thick rich gravy. There are two types of Malai Kofta one is red gravy which is base of tomatoes and onions and other one is white gravy kofta which is base of boiled onions, cream and Khoya.