Lobia curry is a lentil dish made from lobia and is generally made with Punjabi masala. Lobia is rich in fiber and must also be consumed by anyone who is looking to reduce weight. So let’s see how to make lobia curry.
Lobia 1 cup (soaked)
Tomato 3 mediium size Chopped
Onion 3 medium size Chopped
Garlic 5 cloves chopped
Ginger 1/2 inch
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric 1/2 tbsp
Garam Masala 1/2 tbsp
Coriander Powder 1tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Oil (prefer Sarson oil Burnt)
Water 2 cup
- In a Cooker take some oil if using Sarson oil make sure it’s burnt to avoid raw taste and add onions in it.
- Saute the onions for 5 minutes or until they start turning brown.
- Now add chopped ginger and garlic and cook them for 2 minutes or until they get cooked properly.
- Add tomatoes to this and add spices red chili, turmeric, coriander, cumin and garam masala.
- Cook the mixture until oil separates from the dish.
- Now add the soaked Lobia and cook it for 5 minutes in this masala.
- Add water to this masala and pressure cook it for 2 to 3 whistles.
- At last add some garam masala over it and give it a stir.
Your Lobia Curry is ready just garnish it with coriander which is optional and good to eat anytime and prefer it with tawa roti for best taste as it is light and healthy Indian lentil stew.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here