Kolhapuri Fish curry is a very popular seafood dish originated from Kolhapur which is a region in Maharashtra and the simple yet spicy curry is a true reflection of Maharashtrian food culture basically curry. So let’s see how to make Kolhapuri fish curry.
|Ingredient Name||Ingredient Quantity|
|Red Chili Powder||½ tsp (For Marination)|
|Turmeric||½ tsp (For Marination)|
|Curd||½ Cup(For Marination)|
|Lemon||1 Lemon Juice|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||2 tsp|
|Bay Leaf||2 to 3|
|Cloves||2 to 3|
|Black Pepper Corn||10 to 12|
|Coriander seeds||1 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 tbsp|
|Onion finely chopped||2 Medium Size|
|Tomato finely chopped||2 Medium Size|
|Curry Powder Masala||2 tbsp ( Any Brand)|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Red Chili||2 tsp|
|Green chil||1 slit in half|
- In a bowl put the pieces of fish and marinate with red chili powder, turmeric powder, curd, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste and salt.
- Mix it properly and keep it aside for rest at least for 45 minutes to one hour.
- In a preheated pan put the oil on low flame and add bay leaf, (all the whole spices) cloves, cumin seeds, cinnamon, and coriander seeds to roast.
- Add chopped onion and fry till brown in color and add ginger garlic paste.
- Add chopped tomato and turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt to taste, curry masala, and Garam masala and cook it till oil separates.
- Saute the mixture and add water according to the consistency you want and boil it until the gravy is half cooked.
- Now add marinated fish softly in gravy and cook it for 10 minutes by covering it with a lid.
- Cover the pan for 15-20 minutes and by this time the Kolhapuri fish curry is ready to serve.
Your Kolhapuri fish is ready to be served, you can serve this with boiled rice, roti or thalipaet. If you want to create a fusion you can eat it with pav.