Kerala fish curry is one of the most common dishes which is usually made a lot of times in Coastal areas of Kerala as they hunt fish a lot, apart from the ingredients used in it is also from those areas and is a staple dish for Keralites. So let’s see how to make Kerala Fish Curry.
- In a preheated pan on low medium flame add the oil and add mustard seeds, and Curry leaves. Let the mustard seeds crackle.
- Add sliced onion, ginger garlic to a golden brown. Now add tomato and fry till the oil separates.
- (In a separate small bowl mix all the powdered spices – Red chili powder, Kashmiri Mirch Powder, Coriander Powder, Fenugreek Powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric Powder Salt to taste and add two to three spoon of water to make a thick paste.).
- Add this paste in tomato gravy by adding thin coconut milk to a boil.
- Add the fish pieces softly and cover the pan on low flame for 10-15 minutes by adding soaked Kodam Puli with water.
- To have the mouth-watering taste keep the dish aside for 5 to 10 minutes, also you can use coconut oil
Your Kerala fish curry is ready to be served, serve it hot with boiled rice or lemon rice. However, you can also serve it with appams or parotta. There are a lot of fish dishes that are popular in Kerala being fish an integral part of their cooking dishes like Fish fry, Meen Moili, Kanyakumari fish curry and much more are famous all over India.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here