Kadai Chicken is a Punjabi dish which is made in thick and rich gravy. Also Kadhai chicken is full of big chunks of veggies making it flavor from those veggies and giving a richness of flavors to the kadai chicken. So let’s see how it’s made:-
Chicken 500gms (boneless)
Tomato 3 mediium size Chopped
Tomato 2 chopped in Cubes
Onion 2 chopped in Cubes
Capsicum 1 chopped in Cubes
Onion 3 medium size Chopped
Garlic 5 cloves chopped
Ginger 1/2 inch
Ginger Garlic Paste 3 tsp
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric 1/2 tbsp
Garam Masala 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder 1tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Roasted Kasoori Meethi 1 tsp
Cream 2 tbsp
Oil (prefer Sarson oil Burnt)
- To start with marinating the chicken with ginger garlic paste, add some salt, red chili powder, and a pinch of turmeric.
- In a pan take some oil if using Sarson oil make sure its burnt to avoid raw taste and add onions in it.
- Saute the onions for 5 minutes or until they start turning brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook them for 2 minutes or until they get cooked properly.
- Add tomatoes to this and add spices red chili, turmeric, coriander, cumin, and garam masala.
- Cook the mixture until oil separates from the dish and keep it aside to cool.
- Once it’s cooled then blend it to fine mix.
- Grill chicken on a pan from all sides it will take 7 to 10 minutes.
- Now in a pan add oil to this oil add ginger, garlic, and cubed onions and capsicum and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to this pan and saute it for a minute.
- Now add the chicken and saute it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add this tomato-onion puree and mix it well.
- Last add some kasoori meethi and garam masala to this and add cream.
Your Kadai chicken is ready to be served. Serve it hot with Naan and paranthas. Also, you can set gravy bit light by adding water and this can also be enjoyed with rice.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here