RECIPE FOR RAS MALAI
A familiar and most liked dish in all corners of life in desserts at all functions may be small get together/ birthday parties or marriage functions. The taste of the same is mouth watering as evident from the name Ras Malai.
|INGREDIENTS NAME||INGREDIENTS QUANTITY|
|Full Cream Milk||1.5 liter (1 L for chena and 1/2 liter for Syrup)|
|Lemon Juice / Vinegar||4-5 tbsp|
|Sugar||1 1/2 cup|
|Green Cardamom Powder||5-6|
|Corn Flour||3-4 tbsp|
|Finely chopped Pistachio||8-10|
|Saffron Soaked in milk||2 pinch|
RAS MALAI ROLLS:
- In a heavy bottom, the vessel boil one-liter milk to boil and add 1 cup of water in the milk to bring down the same to room temperature.
- After a while starts pouring lemon juice/vinegar slowly until milk curdles completely.
- Drain out the water by using of strainer and collect chena / paneer and rinse the Chena under tap water ensuring there is no lemon juice in it.
- After 15-20 minutes squeeze the chena softly with hands so that extra water is no more.
- Add cornflour and start mashing the chena by using palm at least for 15 minutes so that it is smoothened.
- At last now make small rolls of this chena.
- In another pan add 5 cups of water and one cup sugar to a boil and put chena
- Rolls in sugar syrup to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- By this time the size of the roll will be almost double.
- In another pan boil, the left out the milk of 1/2 liter on low flame and add sugar. Stir the milk regularly so that not thick on the bottom.
- As soon as the milk is thickened switch off the flame add soaked saffron, cardamom powder, and chopped pistachios.
- Drain out the Rasmalai Rolls from the Sugar Syrup by squeezing extra syrup.
- And now put the rolls in thickened milk ensuring that the milk is warm.
- Refrigerate the same at least for 5-6 hours. For better results leave it for overnight and before serving to garnish it with chopped pistachios and saffron strands
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here