Idli is a South Indian dish made of fermented semolina and then steamed. It is enjoyed by everyone also for anyone who is following a diet and can be enjoyed any time in the day. So let’s see how to make idli at home.
Ingredients For Homemade Idli
Rava/Semolina 1 cup
Curd 1 cup
Salt to taste
Eno 1 packet
Oil 2-3 tbsp for greasing
- Take a bowl and mix Rava and curd by adding enough water so that rava is wet. Leave it for rest.
- Make sure it’s not much thick nor liquidy.
- Take idli steamer/vessel and put some water in it to boil.
- Now take the batter and mix salt to taste and mix it round the clock to make it fluffy.
- For smooth idli mix eno in the batter and mix for a minute.
- Now take idli bowls to stand and Greece them and put the batter in idli bowl with a spoon.
- Put these stands in Idli maker and cook it for around 12 to 15 minutes.
- Check idli by putting a knife in it if it comes out clean which shows idli is ready.
- Take idli out and it is ready
Your Home Made Idli is ready to be Served, serve hot with sambhar and Chutney. Also, Idli is enjoyed for healthy snacking as well.
South Indian cooking incorporates dishes from the five southern conditions of India – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana – and the Lakshadweep, Pondicherry, and Union Territories of Andaman and Nicobar are by and large veggie lover and non-vegan. Plans for every one of the five states
All these states have different ways of making, Vada, Idli basically these are some common dishes with different touch from region to region.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here