Upma also is known as uppumavu or uppittu is a dish from India majorly popular in South India and Maharashtra. It is very popular as a healthy breakfast option and is made of Rava(Sooji) and is a quick recipe that you can make and store in your home. So let’s see how to make upma at home.
Mustard seeds 2 tbsp
Peanuts 1 cup
Curry Leaves 10 to 12
Water 2 cups
Salt 1/2 tbsp
Sugar 1/4th tbsp
White Chili powder 1/2 tbsp
Urad Dal 1/4th cup
Chana Dal 1/4th cup
- Take a pan and in it add Rava (sooji) and toast it until it becomes slightly fluffy make sure it must not change its color, keep it aside.
- Now add oil into that pan add urad dal, chana dal, peanuts and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add Mustard seeds along with curry leaves and cook it until both pop-ups.
- Now add water to this mix and add salt and white pepper to it.
- Add toasted sooji and cook it for around 5 minutes or until it becomes Halwa like consistency
- Keep on stiring it to avoid this mixture touching down on pan.
Your Upma is ready to be served. You can also make it quickly by toasting everything without oil and you can keep it in an airtight container for 2 weeks, just add water in it and it’s ready to eat.
You can also opt Upma in your diet plan and 2 other recipes that are mentioned below which you can also choose to opt in your diet to loose weight.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here and do subscribe us through mail to never miss any content from us.