Dahi Bhalla is one of the most liked Street Food made from curd and fried balls of lentils and garnished with Green chili chutney, Red Sweet chutney and for savory flavor adding Sev and to crunching factor remains with papdi so let’s see how to make Dahi Bhalla.
|INGREDIENTS NAME||INGREDIENTS QUANTITY|
|Urad Dal||1 cup soaked overnight|
|Moong Dal||2-3 cup soaked overnight|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tbsp|
|Black Salt||2 -3 tsp|
|Garam Masala||3 tsp|
|Yellow Chilli Powder||2 tsp|
|Black Pepper Powder||1 tsp|
|Jeera Powder roasted||2 tsp|
|For Green Chutney Coriander Leaves||1 cup|
|Mint Leaves||1 bunch – 2 tbsp|
|Lemon Juice||2 tsp|
|Ginger||1-2 tsp and 10-12 thinly sliced pcs.|
|Tamarind Pulp||200 gm soaked in 2 cup water for 1 hour|
|Sugar Powder||2-3 cups|
|Sonth Powder (Dry Garlic)||1 tsp|
|Degi Mirch||2 tsp|
|Chat Masala||1 tsp|
Recipe for Dahi Bhalla
- Whisk the Curd and add sugar powder to mix properly. And let it be kept in refrigerator to cool.
- Blend both the lentils to a fine paste and put the batter in a bowl and add cumin seeds. Mix the batter softly and make it fluffy to rest for 1-2 hours.
- Heat the oil and make small balls with soft hands (or make ball with ice cooper) and put one by one in the oil to fry till golden brown.
- Put these balls on tissue paper so that extra oil gets separated.
- Before serving to make it soft put for a while in some warm water and squeeze extra water before putting in curd.
- Squeeze the Tamarind and separate the pulp. In a pan add the pulp and add sugar to melt on low flame. Add Amchur Powder, Sonth Powder, Degi Mirchi, Salt. Black Salt, and garam Masala.
- Grind the Green Corriander, Mint Leaves, Green Chilli, Ginger and mix Black salt and salt, Garam Masala lemon juice.
- Put one by one bhalls in the serving bowl and spread curd on the bhallas. Meethi Chutney and Green Chutney to spread for having a good taste. Sprinkle Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder and chaat Masala, a pinch of degi mirchi. also garnish with thinly sliced ginger juliennes along with it
Dahi Bhalla are ready to serve Enjoy the dish with your family, friends on small get together.
Also, check out these dishes. Veg Fried Rice, Chicken Fried Rice and Manchow Soup
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here