Gulab Jamun is a sweet dish that is popular amongst all over India. Pretty much enjoyed in winters as hot deep-fried Gulab Jamun balls are soaked in sugar syrup. Gulab Jamuns are really soft and very easy to eat and are a perfect treat for the sweet tooth.
Sugar 1 cup
Water 2 cup
All purpose flour 1-1/2
Saffron one to two pin
Green Cardunin powder 3-4
Milk Powder 3/4 cup
Milk 3-4 tbsp
Baking Soda One pinch
Ghee for mixing and frying.
Lemon Juice 1/4 tsp
TIP : Also, some people like cylindrical shape of Gulab Jamun making those shape is a little bit tricky as their is more chances of Gulab Jamun to break so make sure when you fry them you dont add too much of Gulab Jamuns for frying and stir them less so to avoid chances of breaking.
- In a deep pan put the water to boil and add sugar, cardamom powder, and lemon juice and saffron to make a syrup.
- The syrup should not be so sticky or thin.
- In a bowl put the milk powder, all-purpose flour, and baking soda and mix well.
- Now add 1 tbsp Ghee and mix in the mixture.
- When the ghee is mixed properly add milk with a spoon to make a smooth dough by kneading with
- fingers. Add a bit of milk, if required, to a soft smooth dough for rest.
- Greece the hands and make small balls / the cylindrical shape by filling pistachio in the balls
- In another pan heat the ghee/oil to fry the balls on low flame.
- Put the balls one by one in the hot oil on medium-low flame by stirring to fry to a golden brown.
Gulab Jamun is ready and simultaneously pour in the sugar syrup ensuring that syrup is also hot. Serve this delicious dessert hot with syrup.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here