Green Moong Dal One of the typical dal and mostly liked in North Indians kitchen for dinner. Also, Moong dal is a healthy stew that goes well with Rotis and Rice and you can include it in your diet plan for a healthy diet. In this recipe, I am sharing both recipes of dry moong and Moong Dal curry. So here is a green moong dal recipe.
Green Moong Dal 1 cup (soaking bowl)
Cumin Seeds 1/2 tbsp
Coriander Powder 1/4 tbsp
Red Chili Powder 1/4 tbsp (optional)
Black pepper powder 1/4 tbsp
Turmeric 1-2 pinch
Salt to taste
Onion 1 tbsp Finely chopped
Tomato 1 tbsp Finely chopped
Ginger garlic 1 tbsp Finely chopped
Green Coriander Finely chopped
Thinly chopped green chili 2-3
Oil/ghee 2 tbsp
Prepare the Green Moong Dal- Curry – in open (Kadahi) instead of Pressure Cooker.
In a kadhai heat, the oil on low medium flame adds cumin seeds to splutter.
Add chopped onion and to light brown and add ginger garlic paste till raw smell goes. Now chopped tomatoes by adding salt to translate.
Add all the spices – coriander powder, Red chili powder, Turmeric Powder
and stir well.
Now add the soaked dal and mix by stirring regularly.
Add water as per the consistency/ taste required for a boil and mixing properly. After 10-15 minutes the Green Moon Dal is ready to serve.
Garnish with chopped green coriander and serve with Jeera Rice, Lachha Paratha.
- Boil the dal by adding water in pressure cooker by two to three whistle and open the lid to sieving the extra water if any.
- In a pan heat the oil and add cumin seeds to sputter.
- Add Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric, and salt to taste and sprinkle some water so that boiled dal is covered with the mixture.
- Now add Dry Green Moong Dal as an additional dish for dinner is ready.
- Serve hot by garnishing with chopped green coriander with chapati and paratha with curd.
Hope, you like this green moong dal recipe of both curry and dry. Just try this recipe and tell me which one you liked.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here