Goa has a special love for sea food and a lot of Fish dishes are popular in Goa. Also Goan food has a huge influence of Portugal’s food and style of cooking. Also a lot of ingredients like Dry Kokum and Dry red Chilis reflect the Portugal style of cooking. So a similar reflection you will also see in Goan Fish Curry so let’s see how to make it.
|Grated Coconut||200 gms|
|Dry Kashmiri Red Chili||10|
|Garlic||7 to 9|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Turmeric (Haldi)||½ tsp|
|Finely Chopped Onions||2 medium size|
|Green Chili||2 slit in half|
Recipe For Goan Fish Curry
- In a bowl put the pieces of fish and cover it with salt mix well. Keep it for rest at least for one hour.
- In a blender put grated coconut, dry Kashmiri red chili, ginger and garlic, black pepper, cumin, turmeric, and grind by adding some water to a smooth paste.
- In a preheated pan add the oil on low medium flame and chopped onion, thinly sliced green chili, and saute till onions are transparent.
- Now add the paste that we made with coconut and red chilis in the pan and water for a boil.
- As soon as there is a boil in the curry keep the pieces of fish one by one in a pan and add dry kokum and salt to taste.
- Now, cover the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 when the gravy thickens and fish is soft and ready to serve.
Your Goan Fish Curry is ready to be served, it tastes best with Malabari Paranthas and plain boiled rice. Also, Goan Fish curry has high nutritional value basically proteins and Omega 3 so someone who wants a protein-rich diet could also opt-in for this in their diet.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here