Chicken 65 is one of the best tastiest popular street foods of Madurai. In south India, this delicious dish is served as an appetizer other than the main dish. Chicken 65 being in small size are crispy, spicy, and soft.
Chicken 65 Ingredients
|Boneless chicken||500 gm. In cubes||Corn Starch||2 tbsp|
|Egg||1||Rice flour||2 tbsp|
|Curd||1/2 cup||Turmeric Powder||1/3 tsp|
|Oil||1-1/2 cup||Coriander Powder||2 tbsp|
|Spring Onion||Chopped||Black Pepper Powder||1 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic grated||2 tbsp||Cumin Seeds||2 tbsp|
|Red chili garlic paste||1tsp||Red Chili Powder||As per taste|
|Green coriander||1 bunch chopped||Salt||To taste|
|Green Chili chopped||3-4||Tomato catch up||2 tbsp|
|Curry leaves||10-12||Soya Sauce||1-2 tsp|
|Red food colour||4-5 drops optional|
Chicken 65 Recipe
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients curd, turmeric powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, beaten egg, corn starch or rice flour and salt, grated ginger-garlic.
- Marinate the chicken pieces evenly ensuring that all pieces are well covered with the marinating paste. Leave the bowl for rest at least for 5-6 hours so that all the flavors of ingredients are combined.
- Now in a deep pan heat the oil to boil and shallow fry all the marinated chicken pieces to golden color and keep separately.
- After this In other pan heat the oil on medium flame and add cumin seeds to crackle.
- Add grated ginger garlic and paste, black pepper, chili powder, and salt to taste and saute. Now add curry leaves, green chili and give it a stir.
- Add red chili garlic paste and tomato catch up or soya sauce (as per taste) and stir.
- Now add a little water to make a thick gravy.
- As the gravy started getting thick add fried chicken pieces
- Give them a toss as such all pieces are coated with the thick curry.
Chicken 65 is ready to serve hot serve by garnishing with chopped coriander and spring onion serve it with romali roti or Malabari paratha.
There are a lot of stories that are associated with Chicken 65 like it has 65 different ingredients or it is found in 1965, which story have you listened to let me know in the comments below.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here