Punjabi dal tadka a mouth-watering dish cooked with chopped onion and tomatoes tadka making this lentil stew a perfect protein source.
Chana Dal 1/2 bowl (Katori) Soaked
Toor Dal 1/2 bowl (Katori) Soaked
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tbsp
Salt 1 tbsp
Chili Powder 1tbsp
Water as required
Oil 3 tbsp
Cumin/jeera seeds 1 tbsp
Ginger/garlic paste 25 gms
Chopped onion 3
Chopped tomato 3
Coriander/dhania powder 2
Garam Masala 1 tbsp
Green Chilli 2 tbsp
Kasoori methi 1/2 tbsp
Ginger Julienne 1/4 inch
1) Take a pressure cooker and add oil then Cumin seeds and then add chopped onions fry it for 5 to 6 minutes or until the onion starts turning brown.
2) Now add Ginger Garlic paste and stir it for a minute to avoid burning to add water if required.
3) Add Chopped tomatoes and salt, chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala and cook it until oil separates from the masala.
4) Now add the soaked dal and stir it for 2 minutes and add water to the pressure cooker and cook it for 3 to4 whistles.
5) Now add a pinch of Garam Masala and Kasoori methi on the dal and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
6) Now take the dal out in a bowl and add ginger julienne and Coriander over it for garnish.
This Dal can be served with Roti, Parantha and rice and perfectly accompany this bread with its taste.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here