As the name in itself show Dal Pukhtani is so soft and tasty with a creamy layer. The Dal Pukhtani is liked by most of the people as it has resemblance with Dal Makhani. Dal Pukhtani is made only of Urad Dal with butter and cream, tomato gravy main ingredient.
|INGREDI ENTS NAME||INGREDIENTS QUANTITY|
|Urad Dal soaked||One cup – in one bowl|
|White Butter||100 Gm.|
|Fresh Cream||100 gm.|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Salt to taste||To taste|
|Red Chili Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Kasuri Methi||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1./2 tsp|
|Finely chopped onion||1/2 cup|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Tomato Purie||1 cup|
- In a cooker put the soaked Urad Dal and add 3-4 cup water to boil add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt
- Cover the lid of cooker and let it on boil on low flame till 3-4 whistles or dal is soft.
- In a pan put the oil and add the chopped onions to fry till soft.
- And now add Ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
- As the raw smell goes off add bay leaf and cumin seeds, green cardamom for two-three minutes.
- Give this a gentle stir and add tomato puree and saute till the oil separates.
- At last add all the ingredients Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, salt to taste and saute.
- Now, put this mixture in the cooker to a boil on low flame at least for one hour. Do not forget to stir as to avoid scorching.
- Add garam masala, kasuri methi and stir.
- Also, check the consistency of thickness and add hot water if thicky / needed.
Serve hot in a bowl by garnishing it with butter and cream, and Dal Pukhtani is ready to serve with rice, lachha paratha and jeera rice.