Pindi Chana Masala is a famous dish from Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Made with Chickpeas and with base of tomato and onion gravy.
Chana Masala is a very popular dish amongst North India and is served with Punjab’s favorite breakfast Chana Bhatura. Also, you can have this with Puri, Roti, and Rice. This is a super tasty dish and you must at least try this once so let’s begin the recipe
- White chickpeas (soaked for at least 2 hours) 250 gms
- Chana masala 3 tbsp
- Salt 1tbsp
- Red chilli 1tbsp
- Cumin powder 1tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Toasted Kasoori Meethi 1tbsp
- Ghee 3tbsp
- Tomato paste 3 tomatoes
- Onion paste 3 onions
- Ginger garlic paste
- Ginger julienne 1/4 inch
- Muslon cloth
- Cinnamon stick 1/4 inch
- Loang 3 pcs
- Amla dried 5 6 pcs
- Tea leaves 1tbsp
- Oil 1tbsp
- Green chilli 2 pieces chopped julienne
1) Take a pan and add 1/2 liter water to the pan then boil this water.
2) Let the water come to boil and now to this pan add 1 tbsp of tea leaves along with cinnamon, clove, and dried amla and boil it for 7 minutes.
3) As all After that now in a cooker add oil and ghee and heat it for 1 minute on low medium flame.
4) Add onions to oil and stir it until it becomes golden brown then add ginger garlic paste to onions & stir it for 2 minutes.
5) After that add tomatoes to this mix along with it and stir it for a minute.
6) As tomatoes start releasing oil Now add all dried masala except kasoori methi and stir it until oil separates from the mix.
7) Post that adds soaked chic peas with all water drained to this masala mix and cook it for 4 to 5 whistles.
8) Lastly now make a tadka add tbsp of ghee to tadka pan and add asafetida green chilli.
9) Add this tadka to channa mix and add toasted Kasoori methi and give it a stir.
Your chana masala is ready to serve. You can enjoy this with paratha’s, roti, naan, and rice. Pindi Chana masala goes very good with stuffed naan and Bhature as well
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here