Chana Masala is a very popular dish amongst north India and is served with Punjab’s favorite breakfast Chana Bhatura. Also, you can have this with Puri, Roti, and Rice. This is a super tasty dish and you must at least try this once so let’s begin the recipe.
White chickpeas (soaked for at least 2 hours) 250 gms
Chana masala 3 tbsp
Red chilli 1tbsp
Cumin powder 1tbsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Toasted Kasoori Meethi 1tbsp
Tomato paste 3 tomatoes
Onion paste 3 onions
Ginger garlic paste
Ginger julienne 1/4 inch
Cinnamon stick 1/4 inch
Loang 3 pcs
Amla dried 5 6 pcs
Tea leaves 1tbsp
Green chilli 2 pieces chopped julienne
1) Take a pan and add 1/2 litre water to the pan then boil this water.
2) To this pan add 1 tbsp of tea leaves along with cinnamon, loang and dried amla and boil it for 7 minutes.
3) Now in a cooker add oil and ghee and heat it for 1 minute on low medium flame.
4) Now add onions to oil and stir it until it becomes golden brown then add ginger garlic paste to onions and stir it for 2 minutes.
5) Now add tomatoes to this mix along with it and stir it for a minute.
6) Now add all dried masala except kasoori methi and stir it until oil separates from the mix.
7) Now and add soaked chic peas with all water drained to this masala mix and cook it for 4 to 5 whistles.
8) Now make a tadka add tbsp of ghee to tadka pan and add asafetida green chilli.
9) Add this tadka to channa mix and add toasted Kasoori methi and give it a stir.
Your chana masala is ready to serve. You can enjoy this with parantha’s, roti, naan, and rice. Also, these go very tasty with tandoori stuffed naan.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here