Champaran Meat is prepared in earthen pot or thick bottom pan on low flame and without adding water. The meat is tendered with the juices of mutton and onion. Also, Champaran is famous for its meat dishes so let’s see how to make Champaran Meat.
|Ingredients Name||Ingredients Qty.||Ingredients Name||Ingredients Qty.|
|Mutton||1 kg||Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Onion finely sliced||3/4 kg||Degi Mirchi Powder||1 tsp|
|Garlic crushed||4-5||Kashmere Mirchi P||1 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic paste||4 tbsp||Saunf Powder||1 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||2 tbsp||Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Green Chilli sliced||3-4||Cloves||8-10|
|Green coriander||One bunch chopped||Black Pepper Pwdr||1 tsp|
|Green cardamom||5-6||Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Black cardamom||2-3||Oil||1/2 cup|
|Salt||To taste||Desi Ghee||2 tbsp|
- In a bowl marinate the mutton by adding half of the oil and curd, sliced onions, crushed ginger garlic paste whole garlic, whole green chilli, turmeric powder, curd chilli powder, cashmere mirch, Saunf powder, Black pepper powder, roasted roasted cumin powder and keep aside for at least 1 hour.
- In an earthen pot or thick bottom pan heat the oil and ghee add sliced onion to fry light brown. Add bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves and salt to taste saute.
- Add marinated mutton in pan to cook on low flame for one hour and stir.
- Now seal the lid of pan with wheat dough and let it tender on low flame for 35-40 minutes. As soon as the meat is tendered the oil will be separated.
- Mix the garam masala and serve hot by garnishing it with chopped coriander, sliced green chilli.
- Add water to this like around 1 bowl to make thick consistency as water is released from onion and meat naturally.
Your Champaran Meat is ready to be served you can enjoy it with Litti and Heavy Chulha roti. Also you can serve it along with tamatar ke chutney.