Champaran Meat is prepared in earthen pot or thick bottom pan on low flame and without adding water. The meat is tendered with the juices of mutton and onion. Also, Champaran is famous for its meat dishes so let’s see how to make Champaran Meat.
|Mutton||1 kg||Turmeric||1 tsp|
|Onion finely sliced||3/4 kg||Degi Mirchi||1 tsp|
|Garlic crushed||4-5||Kashmiri Michi Powder||1 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic paste||4 tbsp||Saunf Powder||1 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||2 tbsp||Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Green Chilli sliced||3-4||Cloves||8-10|
|Green coriander||One bunch chopped||Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Green cardamom||5-6||Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Black cardamom||2-3||Oil||1/2 cup|
|Salt||To taste||Desi Ghee||2 tbsp|
- In a bowl marinate the mutton by adding half of the oil and curd, sliced onions, crushed ginger garlic paste.
- Now add whole garlic, whole green chilli these will add raw flavours to the mutton
- Post that adds all dry spices in powder form that is turmeric, curd, Kashmere Mirch, Saunf, Black pepper, roasted cumin.
- Let this mixture aside for at least 1 hour.
- In an earthen pot or thick bottom, the pan heats the oil and ghee grease it properly that oil stuck to all corners of pot.
- Now in this pot add sliced onion to fry a light brown.
- Add bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves and salt to taste saute.
- After that add marinated mutton in the pan and give it a gentle stir to mix everything.
- Now seal the lid of pan with wheat dough and let it tender on low flame for 60 minutes
- As soon as the meat is tendered the oil will be separated.
- Mix the garam masala and serve hot by garnishing it with chopped coriander, sliced green chilli.
- Add water to this like around 1 bowl to make thick consistency as water is released from onion and meat naturally.
Your Champaran Meat is ready to be served you can enjoy it with Litti and Heavy Chulha roti. Also you can serve it along with tamatar ke chutney.