Seafood is very popular and liked by Bihar and there are a lot of seafood dishes out of those one dish is liked by most for its spices and other by way of its color and different way of preparation. Here is the recipe for Bihari Fish Curry which is usually made of Rohu Fish and most liked nonvegetarian dish in Bihar. So let’s see how to make Bihari Fish Curry.
|Rohu Fish Cleaned||1 kg.|
|Turmeric Powder||2-3 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder||2 tsp|
|Coriander Seeds||1 tbsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Fenugreek Methi Dana||1/2 tsp|
|Black Pepper||4-5 pcs|
|Green Cardamom||2-3 pcs|
|Mustard Seeds Yellow||1 tbsp|
|Onion||1 tbsp chopped|
|Red Chili Whole||2-3 pcs|
|Tomato||1 tbsp chopped|
|Green Coriander||Chopped one bunch|
|Mustard Oil||100 gm|
For Marinating your Bihari Fish Curry
In a bowl put Rohu Fish: and add Turmeric Powder 1 tsp, Red Chilli Powder 2-3 tbsp and Salt 2 -3 tsp. and keep for rest for 20 minutes.
For Gravy of your Bihari Fish Curry
- In a blender blend all the whole spices like Coriander seeds, Cumin Seeds, Red Chilli, Black Pepper, Green Cardamom, Yellow Mustard Seeds, Chopped Onion, Tomato, and cloves and green chili to a fine paste.
- In a pan heat the oil to fry the fish to golden brown and keep in a separate plate or may use a separate pan for gravy.
- Now, the oil and add fenugreek seeds turn to color change.
- And now add the blended paste in this pan and turmeric, to fry till the raw smell of onions and garlic goes away and oil is separated.
- Add salt to taste
- At last add water as per the consistency of gravy is required in the curry to a boil and cook fish pieces on low flame for 15-20 minutes.
Bihari Fish Curry is ready to serve. Garnish it with green coriander and enjoy curry with boiled rice, Potato Dry Subzi. Roti and Saatu ka parantha. Also you can create a fusion with this dish serving this dish with authentic litti and ghee.