Besan Ki Barfi is a very famous sweet dish of Punjab. It is a really easy sweet dish with minimal ingredients. Also, you can prepare this within an hour with this simple recipe with no milk and mawa.
Besan 2 Cups Suji 1 Cup
Sugar Powder 1 Cup
Ghee 1 Cup
- In a pan add Besan and suji and ghee and roast it for around 15 to 20 minutes on slow flame.
- Make Sure it does not get burnt and you must keep on stirring it all time.
- After that turn off the gas and let this mix rest and as it started becoming cool add the crushed sugar powder to this mix.
- As soon as sugar gets mixed transfer it to the tray pre-greased with oil.
- Put this hot mix for setting it will take around 15 minutes.
- After the besan gets set and gets frozen in the place use a thread to cut this mix into pieces.
- Also do not add water to this mix as ghee will act as a liquid agent here and enhances Barfi’s taste.
Your besan ki barfi ready to eat you can also garnish it with pistachio and nuts to enhance the taste. Also, you can add less sugar to this or can use jaggery and this will give you the same taste.
Also read how to make Rasgulla
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here