You are in Amritsar and in the love of non-vegetarian Amritsari Fish is a must to try. May this be Fish fry or Tawa Fry or Tandoori Fish for a wonderful starter or evening?
The Amritsari fish is deep fried in mustard oil and marinated with masalas. This dish is served with green chutney, onions, and radish. Amritsari Fish is a very popular dish and is available on the streets of Amritsar. Here is the recipe of how to make Amritsari Fish fry.
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Kasuri Methi||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||1 tsp|
|Mustard Oil||2-3 tbsp|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 tsp|
- Marinate the fish for 15 minutes in a bowl with all the spices, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, and salt.
- For better taste, Amritsari fish is marinated at least two times.
- Marinate the fish with Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Ajwain, Kasuri Methi, Amchur Powder, Turmeric, Ginger Garlic Paste, Lemon juice.
- and to leave for rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Dust the fish pieces in rice flour and dust the extra and get the fish half fry.
- Again on high flame refry the fish pieces ensuring it becomes crispy from outside or golden fried.
- Amritsari Fish fry is ready to serve just sprinkle some chat masala.
For making a tasty Amritsari fish, use only soft fish without bones and marinate it two times. Deep fry the fish twice for a soft texture from inside and crispy from outside. You can eat this fish with Roomali roti as well.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here