While you are in Amritsar and in love of non-vegetarian Amritsari Fish is a must to try. May this be Fish fry or Tawa Fry or Tandoori Fish for a wonderful starter of evening?
Amritsari fish is a dry deep fried snack recipe fried in mustard oil and marinated in masalas and served with green chutney, onions, and radish. It is a very popular snack found on the streets of Amritsar. So let’s see how to make Amritsari Fish fry.
|INGREDIENTS NAME||INGREDIENTS QUANTITY|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Kasuri Methi||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||1 tsp|
|Mustard Oil||2-3 tbsp|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 tsp|
- In a bowl marinate the fish with all the spices with Lemon, ginger garlic paste and salt as 1st marination for 15 minutes.
- After 1st marination add Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Ajwain,, Kasuri Methi, Amchur Powder, Turmeric, Ginger Garlic Paste, Lemon Juice and Ginger Garlic Paste at least for 15-20 minutes.
- At last dust these fish pieces in rice flour and dust the extra and half fry the fish.
- Re fry these fishes again on high flame till it become crispy from outside or it golden fried.
- Your AMritsari Fish fry is ready to be served just sprinkle some chat masala.
The key to make a good Amritsary fish is to use a soft fish without bones apart you need to marinate it twice and deep fry it twice to give it a soft texture from inside and crispy from outside. You can eat this fish with Roomali roti as well.
For some exciting videos and some more content follow us on Instagram click here