Allam Pachadi is a ginger pickle made in Andhra style with Urad dal and tomato and onions is is very tasty and different type of pickle
- 1 tablespoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1 tablespoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 3-inch Ginger, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- Sunflower Oil, for cooking
How to make Andhra Style Allam Pachadi (Ginger Chutney Recipe):
- To start making the Andhra Style Allam Pachadi, heat a kadai with oil, add the dals and saute them till they are light brown colored.
- Add the dry red chillies, coriander seeds, onions, ginger and saute them till the onions are translucent.
- When done, add the tomatoes and salt and saute till the tomato gets soft. Switch off the heat and grind it to a smooth paste.
- To make the tempering, heat a little kadai with oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add the curry leaves and hing, leave it for 10 seconds and pour it over the chutney.
- Serve the Andhra Style Allam Pachadi alongside pesarattu or idli to make the most of your morning breakfast.