- 1 cup black-eyed beans / alasandalu
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp green chili, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- Wash the black eyes beans well and soak in enough of water for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Drain water completely and make a coarse paste of the beans.
- Move to a mixing bowl, add onion, coriander, green chili, ginger, cumin, salt, and mix well.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan.
- Shape the vadas, and drop in hot oil.
- Deep fry on medium flames until crispy.
- Serve hot with your favorite chutney and hot cup of tea.